Sunday 16 July 2017

AT PEACE


I sleep on a bed of poetry
Hugging close, my aches
Soon I feel your gentle fingers
In my hair....caressing me awake
That's how I find you, often,
Your hands speaking silently
A million words of love
In their touch
That your lips wouldn't say
And I let that tear escape
And then another one....
I can't stem their flow
Soft warmth healing my hurting heart
In your hands.... I let my pain go
I feel you smile against my ear
Nothing more than a tiny flutter
Moving against my skin
A lick of branding heat
And in a fast paced heartbeat
The ache turns sweet
Your breath burns tracks around my neck
Lava rivers rising inside my being
And up we go... in a flurry of flames
Tears forgotten
Hurts fallen by the wayside
Limbs tangled, in a wayward heap
And two on a bed of poetry, sleep.

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment