Saturday 22 July 2017

NONPAREIL


Everything about him fascinated me.
I painted his eyes often in my mind
The way their depths would mimic
The pristine glacial skies with such clarity
The way he spoke certain words
With a quirky twist, all his own
The way he smiled ...
Like the warm rays of the sun
Piercing through his dark aches
I had slowly come to understand
How certain things would bring forth his mischief
And how certain others would make him retreat
His heart was deep, but his soul was deeper...
Carrying the wisdom of ages along with his dreams
There was so much I loved about him...a million little things
But he...he artlessly loved all of me in return
Quietly, gently, without ever saying a word
Without reason or condition
Without question
Its immensity made mine feel infinitely small
…And I loved him even more for it.


MS




No comments:

Post a Comment