Sunday 16 July 2017

UNTIL TONIGHT!



Far away
Across a stretch of
Lonely air
Some raindrops
And a curling sea
I see your soul wander
Along glorious paths
In starlit aisles
Did you, for a tiny moment
Find yourself missing me?
I'll cross the skies
Of darkened nights
When the world is fast asleep
On a bridge of moonbeams
Tied with love
Spanning our fantasies
And in your dreams
You'll find me
Looking deep...into your eyes
Hearts locked
In a tangled embrace
Breaths aflutter
Over warm molten rivers
Spreading lazily
Along trembling drunken sighs 

At first light
Of the dawning day
I must leave you
Snuggling in the lap of sleep
But it’s just me
Who returns
To my forbidden world
I leave a million bits
Of my pulsing heart
Scattered all over you
To hold them safe 
In your keep


MS




No comments:

Post a Comment