Saturday 12 August 2017

SINGULAR



I must have had a million conversations with you
Or maybe more
I talk to you oftener than I breathe!
And you captivate my senses.
We talk of everything under the sun
And then
We talk some more, beneath the mellow moon
With the stars looking on
Straining to hear what we say
But I'm sure they can't decipher
Our muted whispers
The words are there
But the meanings
Are just for us to hear
It’s our own little world
With you and me
And your deep silky voice
For company!
If I were to really talk to you
If….
What would I say?
Will we just take up
From where we left off last night
Or would it be another thread of thought
That you'll weave?
Will your voice flow over me like I remember
In tones of dark chocolate
Mixed with a tang of mint?
Or will it have a bit of honey as well
And completely blow me!
But sometimes, I think
It's all a dream
This conversation
For my tongue will be tied tight
In spirals
With a string
just like my stomach
The mere thought of your tones
Tangling with mine
Makes my insides churn
Into warm mush within liquid bones
No!
I doubt if I will be able to utter
A single coherent sound
All I'll do is look into your eyes
And promptly forget to listen
To whatever your words are trying to say
Until suddenly
I'll begin to flow madly
Like a waterfall that's just found its way
But whatever, it might be
I'm sure with both you and me
In it
At least, it's not going to be ordinary! 

MS




No comments:

Post a Comment